3V 260mm Flexible LED Filament Chip (2200k) (FIT0812)

This is a placeholder topic for “3V 260mm Flexible LED Filament Chip (2200k)” comments.

This flexible LED filament Chip comes with a diameter of 2mm and a length of 260mm. The small round hole end is the positive electrode, and the non-porous end is … read more

Read more

1 Like

Hi I’m looking at the 3v Flexible LED Filament. to power them can i use a USB power supply or will the 5V supplies damage the LED

1 Like

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the forum!!

I imagine a 5V supply will damage the LED strip, to step down the voltage from 5V you could use a regulator such as this one (You’ll need a couple of capacitors to support the regulator (we also stock a pack that includes the required ones)).

Let us know if you have any other questions!
Liam.

Hi Andrew
You could try 2 in series, 5V might be enough to turn them on and there again might not. Only experiment will tell.

Liam.
These come as a pack of 5. Is that correct ??

Cheers Bob

1 Like

Hi Bob,

I checked stock of the Blue variant and can confirm that 5 are included (there’s also a brief mention in the shipping list, it’s definitely worth confirming!) We’ll add a note to update the product titles to reflect it :smiley:

Liam.

Hi Andrew
If you want to drive with 5V you could put a 27Ω resistor in series with the LED. You would get 74mA instead of 80mA but that would not matter. 0.5W or 1W resistor should do.
Cheers Bob

2 Likes