3W Mini Audio Stereo Amplifier (W2.54) (DFR0119-O)

This is a placeholder topic for “3W Mini Audio Stereo Amplifier (W2.54)” comments.

This is a Mini Audio Stereo Amplifier from DFRobot. It has left and right channels that can realize stereo surround sound. The module has a mini body and 2.54mm … read more

Read more

When the DFR 3W Mini Audio Stereo Amplifier (W2.54) to connected to the Si4703 FM radio tuner driven by Arduino Uno, the amp does not work, there is no output- just noise and no radio. The radio works fine with PAM8403 based 3Watt Stereo Amplifier Module from www.techbrands.com. I am pretty sure I made connecting right. Is the amp not compatible with arduino or Si4703 module? Is there a way to get around this problem?

1 Like

Is the Si4703 the evaluation board or the basic breakout, and exactly how are you connecting it? Have you tested the amplifier in some other setup to confirm that it works correctly?

1 Like

I am using Si4703 FM Tuner Breakout Board for Arduino Si4703 FM Tuner Breakout Board for Arduino | Jaycar Electronics
When its connected to PAM8403 based 3Watt Stereo Amplifier Module it works
I am connecting the output of the radio module (R, L, GND) directly to DFR 3W Mini Audio Stereo Amplifier’s corresponding pins. Speakers connected to L+ L- R+ L-. Power up via VCC & GND.
When I connect my iPad to the DFR amp, it seems to be amplifying the signal and very loud.

Hey Roshan,

Weird! So you’re saying the tuner and amp work fine on their own with other devices like an iPad, but as soon as you put them together you get white noise? Could you send through some photos of your setup and maybe an audio/video recording so we can have a listen?

Keen to get to the bottom of this!
-James

CLIP 1: The Is 4703 radio module works fine when output is connected to PAM8403 based 3Watt Stereo Amplifier Module from www.techbrands.com.
CLIP 2: When the radio module output is connected to DFR 3W Mini Audio Stereo Amplifier (W2.54) in the same way the amp does not work- lot of noise but no radio (I can hear a faint radio but too much noise). I tried using a different power supply but makes no difference.
CLIP 3: DFR 3W Mini Audio Stereo Amplifier (W2.54) connected to output from iPad - the amplifier works (I had to replace music due to YouTube copyright issue)
Si 4703 radio with PAM8403 based 3Watt Stereo Amplifier Module vs DFR 3W Mini Audio Stereo Amplifier - YouTube
450px-Si4703_diagram
I have added 4 push buttons to the circuit (D3-6) and also added an OLED module connected to A4, A5).

1 Like