433Mhz RF link kit (Seeed Studio)

Hi All

If I bridge the Tx/Data terminal to Vcc will the Rx/Data terminal go Hi (or Low)
for the duration. ?
I saw one review where the user used it to detect a doorbell press.

Regards

2 Likes

Hi @JW160152 - are we talking about this product?

As far as I’m aware - these kinds of radios require actual serial (UART) data to operate properly. I’m not sure you will see reliable operation using the radio to detect a single edge eg. from a button press.

Usually these radios need serial data, and a few dummy cycles to synchronise the radios before reliable data can be passed.

If anybody knows differently please chime in! :slight_smile:

For example - if literally anything transmits on the 433MHz channel then it stands to reason you’ll see pulses coming out the other end. Not desirable since 433 is everywhere

1 Like

Hi Michael

Thanks for your reply.
Bought some to play with anyway, (Core is out of stock) but having thought about it, your assumption makes sense. Although someone commented that they used it for a door bell.

Thinking about it further, the project for a friend involves a contact mat next to the bed of his invalid wife. The idea was to send an alert to another room in the house
when she stepped out of bed.

So, the solution is a $10 wireless doorbell, with the button wired in parallel with the contact mat. So now she has an alert button as well as a getting out of bed alarm.

Regards

2 Likes

That’s a great accessibility project to improve quality of life, @JW160152 :slight_smile: Nice one

1 Like