About 555 Timer?

Hello, guys!
Can LM555 and IE555 be replaced?
I saw on the Internet that is almost NE555. And Only their manufacturer is different from the spec.
But I want to know how about IE555.
Are they the same?

All the best!
G

5 Likes

Hi Guo
Google IE555 and you get nowhere really. I am not even sure it is an IC.
If you want a 555 timer I would go for anything except IE. LM and NE are the same except for manufacturerThere are a few variants like dual timers in one package and Cmos versions but they are all much the same except for IE. The recognised data suppliers like Alldata etc don’t seem to have heard of it. There have been a few books written about this little beast.
Cheers Bob

7 Likes

Hey Guo,

What’s the context? Is there a particular board that you’re replacing the 555 timer in or is this for a custom made project? As Bob said, LM and NE 555 Timers should do the trick with the same ratings, although we’ll have to take a look at the application to determine what’d be suitable.

3 Likes

Hi Guo
Where did the “IE” come from.
Are you reading it off an IC ?
If so is it possible the marking on the IC has been partly obliterated and the IC is actually “NE” with part of the “N” missing ?
Just a thought…
Cheers Bob

6 Likes

Hi, Guys!
It is so shamed that I type it wrong.
It is “NE555”, not “IE”. And I got it
So sorry but still appreciated!!
Cheers!
G

2 Likes

Hi Guo
Can happen to anyone. Now that we know yes the LM555 is the same as the NE555.
Cheers Bob

3 Likes

555 `s are a dime a dozen nearly every student i know has started with this chip omg there stocked every where i dunno about core um wagner nsw um jaycar ,altronics um rockby need i go on really.lm,ne,ua,ETC IF ITS AN 8 PIN DIP AND HAS 555 ON IT THEN IT PROLLY IS DEPENDING ON WHO MADE IT THERE MADE TO STANDARD …800mA MAX THEY CAN TAKE …UM 16 VOLT FROM MEM SOZZZ …CAPPS…

3 Likes

Yes, thank u!

2 Likes