Very vesatile 555 timer circuit or pwm square wave circuit information

max input voltage =16 Volts d.c max output current is 800Ma very handy
the positive is fed into pin 8 and the negative feed is pin 1… and you can fit an 1n 4004 to the input feed ve line not shown in my diagram…it stops voltage going back into the circuit if your running an other device from the same feed voltage rail…you can add an 1000mfd approx value electrolytic from positive to ground to hold the rail even further stable on the input to the 555 if you require it …

c2 is on pin 5 it can be omitted but i mostly fit it out with 10n mkt this pin can be left floating.or not connected…
c1 and the 2.2K and the pots you can…play your own values

also note 555 max current is 800mA. the 7555 is the same 555 and they are good for 5000hz max in general unless you get a efferent revision of the chip… is really only good for max or 5000Hz depending on which revision you get lm7555 is the same pin out but only it its cmos version the 555… a better choice…i found… lower power and cleaner output i found from exp…

also note that its basically a divide network so very hack-able…!!!. the pots and c1 etc are all in combination of a divide network plenty to play with…don’t swap out the diodes unless you use .2 volt types. use germanium type only and don’t use rectifier type in here unless otherwise stated…

and you can browse for 555 timer specs on the web for more details…

2 Likes