About the Finding Parts category

Finding the right part for a project can sometimes be tough! To help others offer advice that’s going to be as useful as possible, please keep in mind:

  • The more helpful you can be with your initial question, the more likely others can provide a constructive response
  • Often, there are lots of ways to go about something. If applicable, let us know what is your preferred hardware/software

That’s about it. Sign in and create a new topic. If you are new to forums then we’ve put together a quick guide.

Looking for Lidar scanner for Lab research

I am looking for a lidar scanner to track the moment of wave overtopping event on an experimental model for my current project. But I wonder that which lidar model can be scanning and catching water moment at the breakwater model (not go through it like other laser scanners).

The experiments of the present study will be conducted in the wave flume (24 m length × 0.8 m depth × 0.5 m width) at the Griffith University Hydraulics Lab

I saw some Lidar scanner model on the website (like RPLIDAR A3 - 360 Degree; RPLIDAR A2M8 360°), but I not sure if it suits for my using purpose.