Adafruit 16-Channel 12-bit PWM/Servo Driver - I2C interface - PCA9685 (ADA815)

This is a placeholder topic for “Adafruit 16-Channel 12-bit PWM/Servo Driver - I2C interface - PCA9685” comments.

You want to make a cool robot, maybe a hexapod walker, or maybe just a piece of art with a lot of moving parts. Or maybe you want to drive a lot of LEDs with precise PWM output. Then you realize that your microcontroller has a limited number of PWM outputs! What now? You could give up OR you could just get this handy PWM and Servo driver breakout.

Read more

Have tested this one on a couple of different Arduinos and the Raspberry Pi 3. This is a popular board, so finding a reliable library and examples was very easy. I2C is simplicity itself with 2 wires/pins used regardless of how many servos - this board can take care of powering them (if necessary it can use an external power supply) and does the PWM. If you are thinking of using two or more servos, this is a great board.

2 Likes

Hey Roy, glad to hear this module has served its purpose for your projects. The i2c bus really does make things a ton easier!