Core Electronics Forum

Adafruit 64x32 RGB LED Display throwing horizontal lines when using 'rpi-rgb-led-matrix' library

Hardware

Raspberry Pi Zero WH
Adafruit Bonnet
1 x Adafruit RGB LED Matrix (64x32 2.5mm Pitch)

OS

Raspbian Lite

Issue

Horizontal white/pink lines are displayed across the screen instead of hello world text when using runtext.py. Issue also occurs with other examples. Command I’m running is
sudo python3 runtext.py --led-gpio-mapping=adafruit-hat --led-cols=64 --led-rows=32
Same issue occurs with python2.7

dtparam=audio=on has been altered to dtparam=audio=off in /boot/config.txt

Also played around with row address types and multiplex options on the GitHub - hzeller/rpi-rgb-led-matrix: Controlling up to three chains of 64x64, 32x32, 16x32 or similar RGB LED displays using Raspberry Pi GPIO troubleshooting page. I’ve raised a github ticket with hzeller (Horizontal white/pink lines displayed across matrix instead of text · Issue #1345 · hzeller/rpi-rgb-led-matrix · GitHub) but just wondering is it possible that the hat/bonnet or led matrix is faulty? I did work the very first time when using the below command but hasn’t worked since,

sudo python3 runtext.py --led-gpio-mapping=adafruit-hat --led-cols=64 --led-rows=32

3 Likes

Hi Naveen,

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:
That’s a pretty in-depth library involving some hardware modifications to the original board so I’m not sure what would cause your issue. I can see the library author has responded to you via your Github issue so hopefully they can pinpoint what is causing the weird lines.
If it does turn out to be faulty hardware we can look at getting that one replaced for you under warranty.

2 Likes