Adafruit VL53L0X Time of Flight Distance Sensor - ~30 to 1000mm (ADA3317)

This is a placeholder topic for “Adafruit VL53L0X Time of Flight Distance Sensor - ~30 to 1000mm” comments.

The VL53L0X is a Time of Flight distance sensor like no other you’ve used! The sensor contains a very tiny invisible laser source, and a matching sensor. The VL53L0X … read more

Read more

Will the vl5310x time of flight sensor work if you move say a hand rapidly past it or if you throw a ball through it’s line of sight?

Hi Peter,

It works best with a nice white reflective surface. Checkout the graphs in the product description area; they go into a lot of detail.

Hi, - in regards to the while/grey you speak of. Would this work detecting the contours of a persons face as i drag across a 6x8 grid (logging the distance at each grid square). or up to 60x80 grid even.

I am replicating a project of 3d scanning. i will input the values to its designated colour as a visual representation.

Many thanks.

P.s. I am using a micro:bit, using aduino software

P.s.s The device would be only maximum 10cm away from the face if this helps measure contours.

Hi Luke,

I think that you want this sensor instead:

It’s worth noting that the error factors are something like 5-6% so if you are scanning a face be sure to keep that in mind!