Adjustable DC Regulated Power Supply (FIT0674)

This is a placeholder topic for “Adjustable DC Regulated Power Supply” comments.

This DC power supply module with built-in charging circuit allows four 18650 batteries to be connected in series and features 6 independent outputs: 2-way…

Read more

2 Likes

This battery unit is FANTASTIC. I cant emphasise enough how well built this unit is. My only comment is that the 1-20v variable output display seems to stay on all the time and is very bright, even when not using that output.
Is there any way to turn that display off?

3 Likes

Hi Andrew,

Without any in stock and no schematic, we can’t confirm right now!

I’ve added a note to check them out when the next shipment arrives so we can take a look and get back to you(There isn’t an ETA with our supplier but we’ve got it written down).

Liam

2 Likes

No worries, sorry, I must have gotten the last one :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s an utterly fantastic product, just that the display is SUPER bright.

2 Likes

If there’s a way of getting inside without breaking it, all you need to do is add a resistor to dim the brightness or even a potentiometer as well for variable brightness

Or go a atep further and use a light dependent resistor and have it auto correct brightness

3 Likes

Yeah I’ll pucker up and crack it open, just didnt want to if I could avoid it as it’s an expensive pack :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah that’s why i was asking if there’s a safe way, eg screws not just glue…

Otherwise, maybe a biy of that plastic they use to allow you to look at the sun?

2 Likes

Yes, you are right, I might just either tape over it of put some ND filter on it.

1 Like

Hi Andrew,

I’ve got the same unit at home and I was curious about how it worked so I’ve already dismantled and re-assembled mine. Since it’s layers of acrylic and PCBs it’s not too tricky to get apart, it isn’t glued shut like some manufacturers do who don’t want you dismantling them, but you’re right it’s a pricy unit to risk damaging.

When I’m next at home I’ll get some photos of the circuit layout on mine so you can take a look. From memory it’s all surface mount PCBs so may be difficult to modify, tape over the display is definitely the easier fix.

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks Trent.
Yeah I’ll tape it :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Andrew,

I’ve dismantled my personal unit for some photos. It appears the 7-segment display is driven directly from the neighbouring chip but I haven’t traced the circuit back fully to check.
The chip nearest to the display reads TM1650 21048BB0028WT
Any modifications to this circuit will likely be pretty janky so it’s unlikely any electrical solution will be neater than applying a tape filter to the display.

1 Like

Hey trent, thanks for that, looks good.
Yup, I will go for the tape solution.

Any chance that you have a channel to feed back to DFRobot some product feedback?

1. it would be great to be able to turn off that screen
  2. it would be great to be able to dim that screen
  3. it would also ne great to be able to toggle that screen to show battery percentage.

Hi Andrew,

The only email channels I have for DFRobot are the same public-facing tech support addresses unless it relates directly to a purchasing or shipment issue.

I can’t see them adding a fuel gauge IC to the design as that may increase the cost of the module but since it can’t hurt to ask I’ve sent your suggestions to them on the off chance they are working on a new board revision.

1 Like