Assistance with the SKU: CE04868 installation

Hi there,

I have purchased a 3.5inch Display Module Touch LCD with Stylus for Raspberry Pi 3B+ (SKU: CE04868) and I really appreciate if you can help me to get it working.

I have followed the steps suggested in https://github.com/goodtft/LCD-show. I installed the 3.5” RPi Display (MPI3501) driver and after the RPi reboots, the screen shows the booting process for a few seconds, then it becomes white. After a few more seconds, the RPi desktop is shown for a couple of minutes and the end it becomes white again.

If I reboot the RPi, the screen has the same behaviour, but there are some times that the screen does not work at all, it is always in white.

In any of both cases, I can successfully SSH and VNC the RPi. I can see the RPi desktop in my windows computer through VNC.

Hey Lorena,

I have tagged @Clinton who is our resident RPi Guru and he should be able to help you out tomorrow!

Hi, thanks for the reply. The problem was power, so now the display is working properly. Now, I’m trying to connect the display to a breadboard. I would appreciate if you help me with the wiring.

please note that the back of the display bought from core electronics is slightly different. please refer to the attachment’

Thanks for your help

Hi Lorena,

You should be able to work out how to wire it to the breadboard by using the GPIO diagram to match the positions to where they go. As you are using a display I do not have the wiring diagram for I can’t say exactly which pins are being used but you should be able to work it out once you have them all wired in.

Is this the display? Looks like it. Includes pin layout.

http://www.lcdwiki.com/3.5inch_RPi_Display

The following table shows the pin out of the monitor you only need to connect the pins that are not labeled NC (Not Connected)

1, 17 3.3V Power positive (3.3V power input)
2, 4 5V Power positive (5V power input)
3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 16 NC NC
6, 9, 14, 20, 25 GND Ground
11 TP_IRQ Touch Panel interrupt, low level while the Touch Panel detects touching
18 LCD_RS Instruction/Data Register selection
19 LCD_SI / TP_SI SPI data input of LCD/Touch Panel
21 TP_SO SPI data output of Touch Panel
22 RST Reset
23 LCD_SCK / TP_SCK SPI clock of LCD/Touch Panel
24 LCD_CS LCD chip selection, low active
26 TP_CS Touch Panel chip selection, low active

Thank for your replay.

I have another question. Can I replace the breadboard for a ModMyPi Triple GPIO Expansion Board?

I have to connect:

• Rapsberry Pi 3B+

• 3.5 Touchscreen

• Adafruit PiRTC - PCF8523 Real Time Clock for Raspberry Pi
  • PN532 NFC/RFID controller breakout board - v1.6

Thank for your assistance,