Best kit for optomising yagi antenna for mobile frequencies

Hi Core, im going to install a couple of systems to boost mobile signal (celfi go) and want to get some signal strength equipment so i can get the best signal and do site surveys to check the improvement. I was looking at both the Hackrf one as well as the RF Explorer 6G combo to analyse the signal strength. I also dont know how strong the input signal will be from the yagi to know if i need to attenuate it or not ( i dont want to blow the meter up). The towers are usually about 20kms or more away if this helps. The RF Explorer seems fairly simple to operate in a self contained unit, but the Hackrf One seems to have more features and a continuous range up to 6ghz, at the cost of more complex operation though. I have found an android app for the hackrf one that may simplify its use in the field.
So, any advise either way or have i missed another piece of kit for the job?
Thanks
Ando

Hi Rando,

I don’t know much about this personally, perhaps someone in the community knows more about measuring cell signal strength!

Ando, mobile signals are in regulated spectrum. You should be very Careful!!! about deploying devices that boost the signal, they would be illegal transmitters.
Dave

1 Like

Hi Dave. These are the celfi go units approved by Telstra. They monitor feedback signal and adjust power as necessary and Telstra can disable them if required. This is why the are approved. Vodafone have also just approved a Celfi unit as well. Nothing for Optus as yet. :slight_smile:
Ando

1 Like