Can we use as morpho fingerprint sensor with esp 8266

My question is the same as the above one can we use an female usb connector to connect it with esp 8266 reply me fast for my projects works

1 Like

You should indicate what part of the process you are having a problem with. I can see from your comments that it might be:

• Finding the UART connections in the device. This should be in the manual. If not, photogrpahs of the device might enable someone to identify it.
  • Setting the ESP up for serial communication. There are plenty of tutorials about this. If you indicate the language you are using for programming the ESP someone could steer you towards a suitable guide.
  • Connecting the two devices. This depends on what connector type the Morpho uses, so you need to find that first. If you find it and post an image someone may be able to identify the type and perhaps even provide a source. Same for the ESP - which development board are you using?
  • Unravelling the communication protocol and interpreting the data. This is the likely hurdle, as the manufacturer might keep this secret. There are techniques available that help with reverse engineering it.

Where exactly are you running into a problem?

1 Like

Hi Nithin and Jeff,

This MSO1300 brochure may give you a better idea into the use case of these USB Fingerprint scanners.

Turns out the Morpho MSO1300 is a fair bit more complicated than your “normal” digital Read-Write-Read-Confirm style of fingerprint scanners which store images of fingerprints in memory and simply confirms whether a new image matches anything in memory, or a unit heavily supporting use with prototyping boards such as the second link below which has tutorials and libraries available for use with Arduino:

The Morpho MSO1300 is a USB-Client device that can output RAW, ISO 19794-4 or WSQ-compressed (under license) images when interacted with using the appropriate SDKs or (likely) propriety software’s from various operating systems, which can then be used for identity verification there.

There may be a way to reverse engineer the protocols it uses by studying the SDK so that the data can be interpreted RAW as Jeff suggested, although personally, I’d be looking at using a different sensor if you’re just planning on getting fingerprint data into an ESP32, there’s likely no need to overcomplicate the solution by using a commercial-grade fingerprint scanner rather than a scanner designed (and more importantly documented) more specifically for prototype use.