Capacitive Fingerprint Scanner / Sensor (SEN0348)

This is a placeholder topic for “Capacitive Fingerprint Scanner / Sensor” comments.

This capacitive fingerprint sensor supports fingerprint capture, image processing, fingerprint storage, fingerprint comparison, and so on. Taking ID809 high-performance … read more

Read more

Hi do you have a fingerprint scanner that can be accessed via internet for finger print stowage capacity, rather than only 80 finger prints, Thanks in advance

3 Likes

Hey Terry,

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, we don’t have any all-in-one fingerprint scanner modules, even that one above needs to be connected to something to accept and handle the input scans.

However, connecting something like this up to a microcontroller like an Arduino will give you that functionality (you can see some examples here).

For WiFi connectivity, you will need a microcontroller capable of that. The Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2 has everything you need on the board!

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I keep getting an error that says i cant connect to the module even though i have followed the woring guide as shown in the DFRobot tutorial. Has anyone faced these issues?

2 Likes

Hey Nikhil,

Welcome to the forum!!

Do you have a picture of how you have that one connected plus the code you are running?

2 Likes

Hi there,
I’m using the 32u4 chip.
I am getting the error “Did not find fingerprint sensor :(” with all example projcects from the Adafruit Fingerprint Sensor Library (2.1.0).
I have had some success using the Leo_passthrough project to intereface with the sensor using SFGDemo v2.0.
With SFGDemo, I am able to eroll fingers but after a ‘sucecssful’ enrollment (the sensor flashes green), when using the ‘search’ option, it never finds a successful match.
Furthermore the enrollment image looks corrupted, but I believe this is because it is a capacitive sensor.
I have also tried adjusting the baud rate, package size and secure levels (within SFGDemo) but to no avail.

Any help appreciated :slight_smile:

Is this more accurate than the AS608 Fingerprint sensor?

I am looking for a fingerprint reader/scanner to use on my Ubuntu Desktop.
Will this device, or any of the others that you have, work on Ubuntu?

1 Like

Hi Laurens,

I couldn’t find any that have a USB connector for direct connection.

What project are you looking at doing with the sensor? (and what languages do you intend on using?)