Compile and upload issues for M5StickC camera remote

Hello, I am trying to do this project to makethe M5Stick a camera remote and having these error messages appear when I go to upload:

Arduino: 1.8.15 (Windows Store 1.8.49.0 ) (Windows 10), Board: "ESP32 Dev Module, Disabled, Default 4MB with spiffs (1.2MB APP/1.5MB SPIFFS), 240MHz (WiFi/BT), QIO, 80MHz, 4MB (32Mb), 115200, None"

c:/users/aaron/documents/arduinodata/packages/esp32/tools/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc/1.22.0-80-g6c4433a-5.2.0/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/5.2.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld.exe: cannot find crt1-sim.o: No such file or directory

c:/users/aaron/documents/arduinodata/packages/esp32/tools/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc/1.22.0-80-g6c4433a-5.2.0/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/5.2.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld.exe: cannot find _vectors.o: No such file or directory

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1

Error compiling for board ESP32 Dev Module.

I followed these instructionsand this video , in addition to get the M5Stick accessible I had to use these drivers.

I tired uploading other projects like flappy bird, but nothing from arduino seems to work. I can howver use the M5 Bruner software and load porjects that way.

If anyone could please help me out, I would be very grateful. I’vetried Googling the issue and making the recommended changes, but no luck so far.

1 Like

Hey Aaron,

First thing I’d like to check, which board have you got selected in the Arduino IDE?

I’ve found a couple people with similar issues but I’ve got to do some more reading to find out whether it’s the same thing as you.

-James