I’m trying to make a controller for some very old electric car mirrors. They are controlled by some very simple logic using a motor, in two directions, and a solenoid to select up/down or left/right. I’d like to build a small micro controlled circuit to do this however my knowledge of electronics is quite low. I have come up with a schematic that I think will work but I have almost no idea what components to use. Here are some of the parameters.
- It is in a car so its primary supply will be a noisy 12V-14V
- Both the motor and the solenoid use about 500mA @12V (the common transistors will see 1A)
- The buttons are silicon push buttons with carbon contacts so about 100 ohms when closed
- Space is limited behind the dash, smaller is better. I’ll make a custom PCB to try to shrink it down
- I have only ever coded for Arduino so if I can use that to code the micro controller that’s a plus
- I need recommendations for what voltage reg, caps, transistors & MCU to use.
Thanks for any help you can give.