Design and Technology Yr12 Major Work - what arduino would work best for my project?

Hi there,

I am Caitlin from Danebank and am a year 12 Design and Technology student.
My major work is a hot water bottle belt with a temperature sensor connected to a wristband for women who suffer from a medical condition called Endometriosis.
The part I am wondering about is the temperature sensor which I will make with an arduino bluno nano, temperature sensor probe and a battery that will be linked via Bluetooth to another arduino bluno nano on a wristband that will have a colour sequence from green to yellow to red using LEDs to show the decreasing temperature measured by the probe to notify user to reheat bottle.

Are Ardunio Bluno Nanos the appropriate board for me to use for my project?

If so, can you please send me back a link to a tutorial on how to communicate between the two bluno nanos and how to connect a temperature sensor probe and a battery and LEDs to the bluno nanos?
Also may you please notify me any batteries that I am able to power the Arduino Bluno Nanos with that would be very helpful.

I have not purchased anything yet but I am looking at the Bluno Nano and PT100 Temperature Sensor Probe from the Core Electronics website.

Thank you for your time in advance,
Caitlin.

Hey Caitlin,

That sounds like an excellent project and yes the Bluno Nano should be suitable. I’ve connected a list of FAQ and instructions on operating Bluno boards from DFRobot which should provide most of the information you’ll need to start experimenting with it. You should take a look at our projects section of the site, as community work like this is always supported and encouraged here!

Please make sure to let us know if there’s anything else that we can do to help you with your project!

Bryce
Core Electronics | Support

P.S. The site lists the specs of the Bluno as requiring a “DC Supply:USB Powered or External 7V~12V DC” So any battery with that capability should be suitable to power your device. Have a great day!

Bryce
Core Electronics | Support