DIY 10W Bluetooth Speaker - No Code Needed – How to use a Bluetooth 4.2 Audio Receiver Board with Inbuilt Amplifier (MH-M38)

Yes that’s true.
I deleted that post earlier because I missed that line.
My fault. Sorry about that.

Pix :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Welcome to the Forums

Having a look at the speakers it should practical to cut the wires as it looks like the speakers are combined in the 3.5mm connector.
If you are still wanting to keep the ability to use it with a 3.5mm connection on the speakers you could add connectors to the speaker cables and use the removed 3.5mm connector to make an adapter cable.

Hey Jeff, i gave speakers details link above

1 Like

Hi Avadhut

About all you can find out is the size and weight, 6Ω and it has a stereo plug as you stated. Nothing about how the plug is wired.
Cheers Bob

You have provided an image, but I can’t find any details - Sony doesn’t even have a user manual. The detail you need is how they are wired. If you have two pairs running from the 3-pin plug then all you need to do is cut off the plug, separate the pairs and wire a 2-pin plug across each pair. If there is a 3-core cable running to one speaker and then a pair running across to the other, then you need to disconnect that second speaker from the first and wire a 2-pin plug to its cable, perhaps with an extension. Then remove the 3-pin plug and find which of the active leads (tip or ring) is connected to the remaining speaker, and wire that and the wire from the sleeve to a 2-pin plug. Then wire a pair of matching 2-pin sockets to the amplifier.

For instance, if you connect a socket by wire to the module:
PSG01496 - Multicomp Pro - Phone Audio Connector, 2 Contacts, Socket (element14.com)
KM2PB-AU - Amphenol Audio - CONNECTOR, MONO PLUG, 3.5MM (element14.com)

If you hunt around you might find a plug with a matching 2-pin socket that mounts to the module.

The Absolute Simplest Bluetooth Speaker Project

Hi everyone - there’s a new Bluetooth module out that features an integrated amplifier so I thought I would give you an updated project for (what I think is) the simplest DIY Bluetooth Speaker Project ever.

There is no soldering required for this version - you only need to cut + strip some wires.
This version does away with certain nice-to-haves like USB-charging, or fancy power control modules. Instead, it’s powered directly by AA batteries and the power is controlled by the integrated switch on the AA battery holder.

Bill of Materials

• 2x [ CE08483 ] Enclosed Speaker - 8 Ohm, 5 Watt
  • 1x [ DFR0675-EN ] Stereo Bluetooth Amplifier Board
  • 1x [ CE09695 ] 4x AA Battery box (JST-PH, Switch)
  • 4x [ CE04629 ] AA Battery

How to Construct

Prepare the Battery Box

Cut the connector off the cable, and strip the wires. Strip a fair bit of insulation off so you can double the wire back over itself and twist it to bulk it up a bit.

Connect the Battery Holder to the Bluetooth amp

There are terminal labels on the underside of the Bluetooth amp. Connect the red wire to POWER + and the black wire to POWER -

Connect the Speakers

Strip the ends of the speaker wires and connect each speaker to SPKR1 and SPKR2 respectively.

Double Check

Double check all your connections before proceeding!

Power-On

Make sure the battery holder switch is set to the OFF position
Load the AA batteries into the holder
Double check the orientation of the AA batteries
Switch the power ON

Connect via Bluetooth

Open your phone’s Bluetooth settings and connect to new device XY-P40W

Play some tunes!

Demo video (downloads .zip file, you will need to extract the file to play the video).
Here’s a demo video where I’m playing some music and demonstrating the Play/Pause button. When I power the Bluetooth Amp off and then back on, the Bluetooth reconnects. Nice!
The control shuttle left/right actually skips to the previous/next song - it’s not volume control! Volume is controlled by the phone in this case instance.

1 Like