Doom3 on a pi4

Hi you have been a big help to me and was hoping you could help again im trying to get doom 3 running on a pi 4 following this guide https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=252254
but keep getting this error only part as to long thank
pi@raspberrypi:~/SDL $ make
/bin/bash build-scripts/updaterev.sh
CC build/SDL_fcitx.lo
/home/pi/SDL/src/core/linux/SDL_fcitx.c:47:5: error: unknown type name ‘SDL_DBusContext’
SDL_DBusContext *dbus;
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/pi/SDL/src/core/linux/SDL_fcitx.c:87:31: error: unknown type name ‘SDL_DBusContext’; did you mean ‘SDL_GLContext’?
size_t Fcitx_GetPreeditString(SDL_DBusContext *dbus, DBusMessage *msg, char **ret) {
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SDL_GLContext
/home/pi/SDL/src/core/linux/SDL_fcitx.c:87:54: error: unknown type name ‘DBusMessage’; did you mean ‘ClientMessage’?
size_t Fcitx_GetPreeditString(SDL_DBusContext *dbus, DBusMessage *msg, char **ret) {
^~~~~~~~~~~
ClientMessage
/home/pi/SDL/src/core/linux/SDL_fcitx.c:135:8: error: unknown type name ‘DBusHandlerResult’
static DBusHandlerResult
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/pi/SDL/src/core/linux/SDL_fcitx.c:136:20: error: unknown type name ‘DBusConnection’; did you mean ‘Connection’?
DBus_MessageFilter(DBusConnection *conn, DBusMessage *msg, void *data)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks like you’re missing a library, libdbus-1-dev perhaps. Perhaps the binary as well. But I would have expected that to fail on the #include.

Try installing packages libdbus-1 and libdbus-1-dev and see what happens.

thanks that did the trick install doom 3 and runs but no sound.

OK on successfully getting that far.:+1:

What port is the monitor/TV connected to? Only the main HDMI port on the Pi 4 has audio capability. That’s the port nearest the USB C connector. Is that the port you are using?

Any sound from the audio/AV jack? Plug in some headphones and find out.

While not mentioning Doom, the following link is appropriate and may give you some ideas.

And if you are interested in other Doom games, setting up the original Doom is covered at the end of this tutorial.

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/setting-up-raspbian-and-doom/all

Thanks for your help i got it working fully on RaspbianX NH will muck around with it in Raspbian over weekend.

1 Like