E-Paper E-Ink Display Module (B) for Raspberry Pi Pico, 2.13inch, Red / Black / White, SPI (212×104) (CE07879)

This is a placeholder topic for “E-Paper E-Ink Display Module (B) for Raspberry Pi Pico, 2.13inch, Red / Black / White, SPI (212×104)” comments.

Low Power, Wide Viewing Angle, Paper-Like Effect. Ideal for price tags, shelf labels, industrial instruments…

Read more

1 Like

I’m trying to get this to work on a Pico-W. I can run simple MicroPython programs, e.g. LED flashing no problem. When I try the sample program Pico_ePaper-2.13.py or Pico_ePaper-2.13_V3.py (no idea what the difference is) I get lines printed saying ‘init’ then ‘busy’, which seems to indicate it’s waiting for the display to become ready.

The display is plugged into the Pico. (the right way around.)

Any ideas on how to make this work?

3 Likes

Ah, disregard my previous comment. I figured out this is a ‘B’ model and am now getting some results.

3 Likes

Hi Clyde,

Thanks for reporting back with the fix in case other users have the same issue in the future.
All the best with you project, and let us know if you find any other hurdles.

1 Like

The major hurdle now is that the redraw time for the B model (tri-colour) is way too slow at 15s. I did not realise this at the time of ordering. Although the 15s time is mentioned in the listing it says that’s for a “full refresh” - but this module has no other kind, as it does not support partial refresh. Perhaps this could be made clearer. In addition, there is nothing on the module itself to say that what model it is which is what confused me initially.

1 Like

Hi Clyde,

Good point, I’ve had a read through more of the documentation and it seems the multicolour displays just aren’t able to support faster or partial refresh yet.
I’ve made a note to have that product page updated with that information so others know to go for a monochrome display if they need faster refresh.

These two displays are similar and should support a quicker refresh.

1 Like

I’ve just ordered a couple of these - it only seems to be listed under the Waveshare category, not the Pi/Pico/Display category.

2 Likes

Hi Clyde,

Thanks for the heads up, I’ve added that display to the Pico → Displays category as well as our general E-paper category so it’s easier to find.

1 Like