Getting 7.3 epaper display working with a Raspberry Pi pico

Hi

I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction getting this display to work with a Pico:

I have tried the waveshare code but it’s for a R Pi, not a Pico. I have tried the pico 7.5in code but nothing appears on the screen. I’m hoping this screen works with a Pico?

I’m happy to plug away at getting it to display what I want but for now, I’m just trying to get it to show something!

Thanks
Tom

1 Like

Hi Tom,

There’s a decent chance that the 7.3 and 7.5 displays use two different driver chips, making their libraries incompatible.

Could you share a photo of how you’ve got everything hooked up, and the code you’re running? That might reveal something.

Normally I’d recommend searching for a generic (non-vendor-specific) library for the display driver used in the display, but Waveshare haven’t listed the part number on their datasheet, only communication data, so the library you’re looking for will be directly related to this 7.3" screen.

That means your options are likely the 2 below if you can’t find a driver on the internet:

1. Write your own driver
  2. Return the screen and get one with a library for your host.

Let me know if you need any of the above clarified, hopefully we can get your project back on track!
-James

1 Like

Hi
I tried this code (but looked at others within the waveshare github):

It didn’t occur to me that I could send the screen back.
I’m up for a challenge but writing a driver could be tricky.
Tom

1 Like

Hi Tom.

If a product is a popular “Maker Favorite” we’re usually happy to process a “Change of Mind” return. Keep in mind that they will need to be in an unused and saleable condition (just as you’d like to receive them if you were expecting a brand-new product).

Shoot us an email from our contact page, or reply to your order email, and we’ll look into the return further for you if that’s the path you’d like to take.

-James