Electronics Guru Needed - 4 pin polarized header connector

Anyone who know where we can find one or if we can use another connector that will work - Please let us know. Your assistance is Greatly Appreciated.

Links to similar items on your website -

The original connector dimensions -

15mm width x 9mm depth x 16mm length.

On the board itself it appears that taking the top of a mail pin (one side to the other) 12mm.

Please see images and information below.

Many thanks

Hi Mark.
That sounds like a 4mm pin pitch which could be a bit unusual.
Can you verify that accurately. Measure the female connector from the left edge of the left outer pin hole to the left edge of the right outer pin hole and divide by 3. This will spread any small measurement error over the 4 pins and e more accurate than trying to measure between 2 pins.
Cheers Bob

1 Like

Hi Mark
Have a browse here when you establish the accurate pin pitch.

Cheers Bob

1 Like

Hi Bob,

Much appreciated.

With the document you uploaded, is Tyco electronics overseas?

Cheers Mark

1 Like

Hey Bob,

With the pin pitch I will try that method. Thanks

1 Like

Hi Bob, So I followed your method of calculating the pitch and it appears to be 14mm (/3) = 4.66
Is that more standard? That is measuring pin one to pin four (outer edge to outer edge)

1 Like

Hi Mark
Read my reply again regarding pin pitch measurement. That is NOT my method.
No it is not more standard.
That link to a data sheet mentions 3.96mm which is closer to your original measurement.
Cheers Bob

I have no idea. That is a data sheet I got from Element 14 when I filtered for a pitch of 4mm.

1 Like

While that is often a simpler measurement to take, it requires subtracting the width of one pin before dividing by three.

1 Like

Hey @Mark270900 - I think I found it :slight_smile: Here’s a direct link.

The Steps

Start at Digikey > Connectors (Rectangular)

Go to Headers Male pins

Apply filters

• Pitch 3.96mm (thanks @Robert93820)
  • Shrouding 2-sides
  • no. of positions = 4

As always with parametric search, it pays to apply filters slowly, one-at-a-time so you don’t overconstrain the search.

I’ll leave it as an exercise to find the mating wire connector. Now that you have the family-name of the connector it should be pretty straightforward.

1 Like

Mate, that is the male side, I will go there no doubt they have the other end.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Very appreciated.

Found it. Thanks Michael.

https://www.digikey.com.au/en/products/detail/te-connectivity-amp-connectors/280591/2054285

3 Likes

Thanks Jeff. Appreciated… (3.96) was the right measurement…

Thanks again.

2 Likes

For a full solution you’ll need to replace the

• cable housing (that you’ve provided with the link)
  • 4x crimped pins, yet to find.

The pins are crimped to the end of the wires and inserted into the housing.

If there are any stock concerns, don’t forget about other large component distributors eg.

• Digikey
  • Mouser
  • Element14

This looks like it could be a mains powered device so we’re not going to be able to help out with anything specific, or find hacky workarounds unfortunately - the stakes are just way too high.

2 Likes

No problem.

Thanks for trying!

Again, very appreciated.

2 Likes