G1&2 Water Flow Sensor Enclosure (Seeed Studio) (SS101990055)

This is a placeholder topic for "G1&2 Water Flow Sensor Enclosure (Seeed Studio) " comments.

Water flow sensor consists of a plastic valve body, a water rotor, and a hall-effect sensor. When water flows through the rotor, rotor rolls. Its speed … read more

Read more

Which of the flow rate sensors is appropriate for measuring the flow rate of a suburban house water supply AND vsn be paired with a flow switch? (for automatically opening, measuring, closing at intervals).

Hi Nathan,

The flow rate range of each of the flow sensors we have is listed in the product description. I’m not sure what the flow rate is like for an entire household. This one, for example, can handle up to 30 litres/minute. From what I found with a quick google search. Household water supply is about 20 litres/minute. From memory, household water should be about 18PSI. This claims it can handle up to 250psi.

Something like this might work for a shutoff valve:

Let us know how your project progresses!

This is not a forum question about the how to program. Rather it is a product question. “Core” sells flow sensors to measure the rate of flow of a fluid and a solenoid to switch on or off the flow of water.

Is there a product/device that controls the rate of the flow of fluid, for example maximum rate of flow, medium rate of flow or even a trickle flow?

Thank you,
Anthony of Sydney

Hi Anthony,

We don’t have any variable flow products that can be used to control the rate of water flow. You could connect a stepper motor to a traditional ball valve water valve or something.