G1&4 Water Flow Sensor (Seeed Studio) (SS314150002)

This is a placeholder topic for "G1&4 Water Flow Sensor (Seeed Studio) " comments.

Water flow sensor consists of a plastic valve body, a water rotor, and a hall-effect sensor. When water flows through the rotor, rotor rolls. Its speed … read more

Read more

Beware, the unit I recieved was NOT a G1/4 pipe thread. It is actually G3/8, which is a very unusual thread size. I have had great difficult finding any plumbing fittings that can attach to such an unusual thread.

After months of looking I think I may have found a thread adapter from Festo pneumatics (NPFC-R-G38-G14-F). The problem is, they are about AUD 30 for a pack of 10 plus AUD 20 shipping! I’m going to order a pack, and try it. If anyone needs some, send me a message!

(For Core customer support, FYI we ordered this on 30/5/17 , Order #100052267).

The thread fitting on the YF-S402 is indeed G3/8, at least on some of them. Google search for this model number returns parts with a range of threads; G1/8, G3/8 and G1/4 ! This is a language/communication mixup from the OEM I expect - people buying these through other suppliers have hit exactly the same problem (https://hackaday.io/project/10358-sinkgauge).