Getting started with DFRobot POE Ethernet Shield DFR0850

I received my DFR0850 and an Arduino R3 I want to use for a small project I wanted to power with POE.

I have read the Wiki at DFRobot. It talks about the WizNET library I did look at WizNET link in the Wiki and it has versions for IDE 1.0 and 1.5 so I assume they are out dated. In the sales information (both Core and DFRobot mentioned that it is “Functionally compatible with Arduino Ethernet Shield 2

I installed the Ethernet2 Library.

When I run the web server demo on the wiki that runs but it reports it’s IP address as 0.0.0.0
And can not hit the address set up in the program (192.168.1.177 and my pc 192.168.1.10) neither with a web browser nor ping.

I changed the library to Ethernet2, when it loads it reports server is at 224.252.1.249. In the program

I have

IPAddress ip(192, 168, 1, 177);
IPAddress gateway(192, 168, 100, 1);
IPAddress subnet(255, 255, 255, 0);

I can ping 192.168.1.177 but if I try to browse http://192.168.1.177, I get rejected.

I also tried the chat demo in Ethernet2 Library. and similar I get the wrong adress reported, I can ping it but if I telnet port 23 it drop the link with a rejected message within seconds.

What am I missing.

As I side not I removed the link on the reset 10 pin as it would not even load the program if it’s there.

All help appreciated. Thanks.

Diego

Welcome to the forums Diego!

Just a couple of questions to dig a bit deeper with the issues here:

• Are you trying to run the DFRobot demo with the Ethernet2 Library?
  • Have you tried using the WizNET libraries and the Legacy version of IDE when trying the web server demo from the DFRobot Wiki?

Hi Aaron
Thanks for the reply.

• Are you trying to run the DFRobot demo with the Ethernet2 Library?

Yes, I did try this changed the library call at the beginning to Ethernet2. Compiles fine but it reports the IP as 224.252.1.249. I can ping 192.168.1.177 no http.

No I did not try the legacy IDE. I could try it as an exercise. But I would prefer it would run with current supported software I I only bought the shield this month.

Cheers.

Diego.

I would recommend giving the WizNET library a try as it can be helpful to figure out where the issue is coming from.

With your current configuration are you able to access the webserver using 224.252.1.249 instead of 192.168.1.177?

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your reply. I haven’t been able to find a WizNET library that will run on IDE 2.3.x. I’m looking to use this for a client so whatever I use needs to be maintained.

Regarding the IP, no I haven’t 224.x.x.x is in the multicast address range. I would expect to be able to set the IP address and again because it’s for a client it needs to play nice in the multicast space as they have AV over IP.

Regards

Diego.