Getting started with the PiicoDev Adapter for Raspberry Pi

I’ve just received my PD Adapter for RPi and the PiicoDev temperature sensor. I’d like to hook it up to a RPI4 running ubuntu because I think the adapter makes a tidy temperature sensor (ie no breadboard, etc)

I’m looking for some guidance on how to get started. I’ve watched the tutorials regarding RPi Pico and they are using MicroPython, but I’d like to use Python3 on the RPI4 if possible? Is there a release date on the universal libraries?

2 Likes

Hi @James162800! I’ll have a solution to you by close of business today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@James162800 As promised, here’s a written tutorial for using the PiicoDev Temperature Sensor with Raspberry Pi. Like all our tutorials, expect to see a video guide uploaded soon.
Do let me know how you go with it, and if there’s anything we can improve :slight_smile:
Best of luck with your project!

3 Likes

Hi @Michael, I’ll try this out this weekend and let you know how it goes. Thank you for the fast response.

Cheers,
James

1 Like

@Michael I can confirm that the new Unified API and Device Library are working on a RPI4 + Ubuntu 20.04 + Python3. Nice work! :100:

1 Like