Help with Einscan-SP?

I have an Einscan-SP from 2019 that has been buggy from the start (full disclosure: I actually did not buy it from Core Electronics!)

The hardware seems to work fine, but the software crashes, disconnects from the hardware, and scans the same object under the same conditions differently randomly.

I’m currently using the “EXScan S” version of the software.

Does anyone have any experience with the Einscan-SP? Any reccomendations to fix the software issues? Or perhaps open source software reccomendations?

Thanks in advance,

All my best,

Sophia

3 Likes

Hey Sophia,

Might be a silly question, but have you tried Einscan support?

When you say the same conditions; what are those conditions? I can see it running into issues if there are bright lights around, or possibly flickering lights (like Fluoros or Dimmable LEDs).

3D scanning can pretty computationally intensive - does your computer meet at least the recommended minimum requirements?

3 Likes

Thanks Oliver,

Not a silly question at all :slight_smile: I’ve contacted Einscan support previously and not found them very helpful. At your prompting now, I have contacted them again. I’ll post if it’s helpful!

The same conditions are: the same lighting, the same matte spray, the same object.

The computationally intensive question is also a good one. I’ve tried it on a mac as well, and run into very similar problems. I’ll keep trying it on other computers and touch in if anything changes!

All my best,

Sophia

3 Likes