Iron core inductor

Hey guys, anyone recognise why there is a box with arrows pointing up and down next to the inductor. If it is a different product could someone tell me what it is please, thanks!

Hi Adam
Would help if you could sketch what context this is used. It looks like it is adjustable in some way or some sort of adjustable regulator set up. I remember the old Brown Boverie adjustable 3 phase mains regulators had a motor driven core of some description and you could hear it grinding away when adjustment was required.

Adjustable RF inductors (ferrite) usually are depicted as an inductor with an arrow diagonally across it.
A bit more info please.
Cheers Bob

Add on.
Just saw your other post with circuit. That makes it easier. That device is a solenoid coil. The arrows signify the moving armature.

1 Like