Makerverse Protoboard for Arduino Uno SKU: CE08237

I bought some of these MKRVRS protoboards for Arduino Uno, but I’m not sure how the connections are on them. I can see the power rails - presumably I should solder either 5V or 3.3V from the Arduino to that? What is the difference between the plain square gold connections and the round ones with white "I"s in between them? Presumably some are connected to others, but which is which and what are they connected to? It would be handy if there was a connection diagram for the board.

2 Likes

Welcome Andrew,

I just pulled it up in KiCAD and you can see the traces here:

FYI: the square holes are isolated individual tie points and the round ones are joint (along the I’s)

1 Like

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

As Liam has covered the white traces indicate connections between pads.

By default 5V is connected to the power rail, and ground to the ground rail.
If you wanted to instead connect 3.3V to the power rail you need to cut between two pads to break that link, then you can bridge the 3.3V rail to the power rail.
Make sure 3.3V and 5V are not both connected at once.

I’ll make a note to have that product description updated to make it clearer that the white traces show the hidden connections.

1 Like

Hi everyone.
To add to Andrew’s question, can we cut the white trace connections between pads, in a similar way to cutting Veroboard, or are these traces on a middle layer of the PCB that we can’t access?
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi N,

From some previous testing - the Makerverse boards are only 2 layer so top and bottom copper, cutting should be no worries but be sure to check continuity!

Perfect!
Thanks Liam.

1 Like