Micro controller to control pololu simply motor controller

Hi there
We are looking to control a flap in and pipe to bypass air with a Pololu simple motor controller. With an Arduino required to run it. (maybe the Astar 32u4??)

We need some code to use the I2C interface that will allow the following to work:

1:When we receive an input signal the flap needs to open (Run the motor forward.)
2:Then after losing the input signal the flap needs to close (Reverse the motor.)
3:We do have the availability to have an additional input to override the flap closing(2:)

The motor has no limit switch. So timing it would help, 1-3 seconds should be enough.
and a delay in closing from full open would be usfull also so it dosent close during shifting whilst under the boot

The input signal to open the flap is a PWM frequency@ 3.3v (which we can modify)
any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Matt

Not going to happen over I2C. The motor controller has four communication or control options:

1. USB interface for direct connection to a PC.
  2. Logic-level (TTL) serial interface for direct connection to microcontrollers or other embedded controllers.
  3. Hobby radio control (RC) pulse width interface for direct connection to an RC receiver or RC servo controller.
  4. 0–3.3 V analog voltage interface for direct connection to potentiometers and analog joysticks.

No I2C interface. Rethink your options then post again please.