Mini Push-Pull Solenoid - 5V (ADA2776)

This is a placeholder topic for “Mini Push-Pull Solenoid - 5V” comments.

Solenoids are basically electromagnets: they are made of a coil of copper wire with an armature (a slug of metal) in the middle. When the coil is energized, the … read more

Read more

1 Like

Does this product only work with 5V 1.1A?

Because I can only provide 5V 1A max or little less for safety, and I do not have current overdraw protection in my circuit. I am concerned that it might cause a problem from overdraw.

Also, is it safe to energise it for around 10 seconds continuously with max power?

1 Like

Cutting things a bit fine. Personally I would go for a 2A or more supply. That might be only me being over cautious but I make no apology for that.
Cheers Bob

1 Like

Thanks Bob.
I come from software background, and I don’t have firm grasp of electronics as yet.
If the solenoid works with the given power (under powered) and perform a little less. Then, it’s fine for me.
I only have two options: 12.95W at 12V, or 5W at 5V from the power source that I have to use.

Cheers,
Chan

2 Likes

I don’t think it will do any damage as such. Particularly if it is a switch mode supply. It might complain a little or just stop if an overload is too great. There again there may be a little headroom built in. You won’t have any room for anything else though. The solenoid will be it.
Cheers Bob

2 Likes