Otti Arc - Do we need the (overly expensive) add-on subscriptions?

Hi,
I’d like to check if the standard (included) software will be adequate for our basic requirements.
We need to monitor and validate the power draw of IoT devices as we cycle through different hardware options and FW versions. Our goal is to (a) calculate the total power consumption of a device through one complete cycle (sleep-wake-sleep) and (b) review the power draw for each phase within the cycle (eg: radio initiating connection, data capture phase, data transmission phase)
Q: Will the standard software allow for live monitoring, review and output of timestamped values and graphs for a complete operating cycle and individual phases?
Thanks,
Mark

2 Likes

Hi Mark,

Welcome!

I wish I knew more about the Otii Arc, looks like a real nice bit of kit :smiley:
@Michael from Core used it in this project: Datalogging Weather Station (Battery Powered) - Tutorial Australia

2 Likes

Hi Mark,

While I haven’t worked with the Arc myself, I’ve taken a look at their software documentation and might be able to shed some light.

From my understanding, there are three add-ons:

• Otii Battery Toolbox - This one is responsible for turning the Otii into a battery emulator, which simulates the voltage drop and characteristics of a battery, rather than just providing a fixed output voltage. Since you’re just looking to compare firmware iterations short(ish)-term, I’d say you could give this a miss
  • Otii Automation Toolbox - This one is responsible for opening up the Lua and TCP interfaces of the Otii software, which you’d use if you needed to automate things like testing your equipment at different supply voltages, or whatever else comes to mind that you’d want to script
  • Otii Log Toolbox - This is for importing external logs from, say, a LoRa gateway and associating them with data from the Otii.

From the looks of things, your desired functionality falls within the basic version of the Otii software, so you should be good!
-James

1 Like

Thanks James

1 Like