Passive Speakers for Justboom Amp Hat

Hi all,

I am building a facial recognition music player with a Raspberry Pi 3B+, a PoE Hat and a Justboom Amp hat on top which is connected by wireless to a facial recognition sensor. I need a recommendation for passive speakers for this project.

The system is designed to play a set music list based on the number of people in the lift car.

Relevant factors;

1. The system is designed for an elevator car with the following dimensions
    2400 Cabin Height1450 Back Wall Width 1950 Side Wall width: 21.975 total sqm
  2. Car vibration and noise may be an issue
  3. I would need speakers that are enclosed as they will be mounted behind the lift car which is susceptible to dust.
  4. There is limited space behind the lift car wall to accommodate the speaker where the face of the speaker is flush on the inside wall of the car. Approx 60 mm.

I am not sure how much punch I will need for this small area given the noise and vibration of the lift car. ( I also do not have any information on how much noise or vibration there would be at this stage).

The specs for the Amp hat tolerances and recommendations on the speakers are:
Texas Instruments TAS5756M Amp / DAC chip – 192kHz / 32 bit.
Maximum power output of 2 x 55 W (2 x 30 W RMS).
This board powers both the amplifier and Raspberry Pi from a single 2.1mm DC jack power supply or PoE. For 8 Ohm speakers, a 24-volt power supply with at least 75-Watt output power is recommended (POWERPAX SW4527 or similar, plus C5 cable). For 4 Ohm speakers a 15 to 19-volt power supply with at least 58-Watt output power is recommended (POWERPAX SW4520 or similar). These power supply guidelines will ensure maximum output performance of the amplifier.
Total harmonic distortion (THD+N) of 0.006 % at 1 W, 1 kHz. Signal to noise ratio (SNR) of 104 dB A-Wtd (Ref. to THD+N = 1%)
Ultra-low noise voltage regulator for the best audio output (LDO 10uVrms)

Budget; This will launch on the market as a high-end product, and while the Rasberry components have been relatively cheap for the hybrid drive assembly, the sensors used are around $2,500.00 a unit. I am looking for a high-quality sound foremost over price given that the speakers should be relatively cheap.

There is not much info out there on recommendations for speakers for Hats so any assistance in the choosing the right speakers to fit this prject would be appreciated :slight_smile:

cheers

Hi FMPlayer,

I would recommend looking into car audio speakers. I would think that’s where you might find speakers that are suitable for a rough life but still have good sound.

Good luck with your project!