Pico W Weather Station Starter Kit

Gday Guys,

I’m not sure if this is place to put this, but I just recently purchased the Pico W weather station starter kit and have been following Michaels YouTube videos on setting up with thonny + getting the atmospheric sensor working (which have done :white_check_mark:). I am keen to get the data displayed on the OLED screen that comes with the Kit (PIICODEV OLED DISPLAY MODULE 128X64 SSD1306 ), however I am a total novice to coding (I mean, never written a single line of code in my life) and am a bit lost as to where to go to find this sort of thing. Any suggestions on where to look or where to start would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Justin

2 Likes

Hi Justin!

Welcome to the forums and welcome to software and code.
How exciting :partying_face:

Good news, the core team have already written some great code for you.
Here is there guide on the OLED.

On that page you can see some links where you can download some example code.
Follow the steps and give it a try. :slight_smile:

Is this the kind of thing you were looking for?
Would you like to step through some of the example code together to get your bearings?

Pix :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

Hi @Justin264431 - great to hear you’ve had good progress so far.
Have a look at the tutorial that Pix linked, and if you’re still unsure after following along then post your main project code here and we can help you workshop it to show some nice data.

Once (and only after) you have basic readouts working, you might like to try upgrading the experience with the nice numeric fonts offered by Mark’s packed font upgrade that we featured on our community contributions article.
I’d only attempt this once things are working though - introducing complexity too early can be problematic.

Don’t forget, you can find some inspiration in the guides linked on the product page

This bundle is a little unusual - since it is not a complete guided experience. Rather it is a bundle of useful hardware and resources to get each one working - just enough for most people to create the project they want to make, rather than a project that is prescribed.
Let us know what you think about this kind of experience, it’s a bit of an experiment for us.

3 Likes