Piicodev OLED Missing Lines

I have just strted using my Piicodev OLED and when I rin the demo, every second line of the top half of ther displey is missing including the top line of the rectangle in the bouncing square demo. If I change the Height in the Piicodev_SSD1306.py module to 63, the top displays but the bottom is missing. Also when the demo gets to loop 31 it locks up (a consequence of the heighty change I guess).

Is this a software issue or is the display faulty?

2 Likes

Hi John,

Quite possibly. Usually, that is caused by a continuity issue on the flexible PCB found on the back of the display in my experience with the boards. Can you send a close-up photo of the back of the board?

Should give us a better idea as to whether that could be causing the issue, it is quite delicate so if the applied solder wasn’t sufficient for rattling during delivery that can often cause issues on the board.

1 Like

Thanks Bryce.

No worries,

It looks a touch scorched, although it is relatively minor and shouldn’t matter. Might just be a failed driver on the OLED itself, can you please reply to your order confirmation email letting the team know that Bryce from the forum asked you too, they’ll have this fixed up for you right away.

p.s. A quick way to check that it is aligned with each pin correctly is this alignment marker on the silkscreen, this seems almost perfect and each pin has had the solder wick through, so each pin under there should have fairly decent continuity, there could possibly be shorting under the board which is quite difficult to see or test for, although we heat them fairly quickly so there’s not much chance for accidental reflows such as that

Kind Regards,
Bryce | Support Team