Pool Ph Meter Project

trying to make a ph sensor for salt water pool
Gravity: Analog pH Sensor / Meter Pro Kit V2 ?=
I have a raspi 3+, (stock shortages make it hard to find pico,mini)
I have weather proofcase, and pi power supply from CE (core electr)
do i need an analog to digital convertor?

Experience: Hobbyist… managed to get 2 pi water tank level sensors connected, and speaking to adafruit IO, then using mqqt to get feed into home assistant app

3 Likes

Hi Clint, Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

Were the two water level sensors you already have working connected to the same Raspberry Pi 3?

The Gravity: Analog pH Sensor/Meter Kit V2 has an analog output at either 3.3 or 5V operating voltage via a Grove connector, so you will need an analog to digital converter to be able to connect it to a Pi 3 such as the following.

While the global silicon shortage has made the supply of most Raspberry Pi boards quite limited we still have plenty of Raspberry Pi Pico boards.
They are a microcontroller instead of a single-board-computer so they do operate a little differently, but they are perfect for monitoring sensors and have 3 built-in analog to digital converters. So it may be worth looking into the Pico as another option.

3 Likes

Thanks.

used 2 different pi boards for the water level sensors, as the tanks are in different locations.

4 Likes

Here is my pool monitor. It uses an arduino to do the AD conversion and a couple of grove PH and ORP sensors. This interfaces to a raspberrypi over USB. works well. BeJay’s Blog

2 Likes