Power supply for Misa Digital Kitara guitar

I’m desperate to find a replacement power cable/adaptor for a MISA DIGITAL KITARA digital guitar. I can’t find a cable anywhere in the US to fit it (that’s where I live, and where I got the digital guitar).

It was manufactured in Australia about 10 years ago. The specs for the power supply: DC 9V 1.2A. Cable is 6 ft long, with a power conditioner/converter in the middle connection.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hey Matthew,

Welcome to the forum!!

Looks like an awesome bit of kit. Would it be possible to attach a photo of the inputs on the guitar along with some metric measurements?

I came across this forum topic in which another owner of one had to do a mod to theirs to get it working: Forum

There are a bunch of barrel jacks, some propietary and some not, with some measurements we can figure it out :smiley:

1 Like

1 Like

It’s the center port… I don’t know how to measure what kind of barrel jack it needs. Please advise?

1 Like

Hi Matthew,

With most technical things its hard to advise without having it in front of you.

If you have a pair of calipers/ruler with 0.5mm markings holding it up across the port to get the diameter of the plug.
Not to mention there isnt anything listed about the polarity of the supply (centre or tip positive).

Finding a board that outputs 9V @ >1.2A is the easy part!

2 Likes

Well, I don’t for sure know how to word it, but here goes:

Diameter of the inner ring is 3.5 mm
The pinhole is a hair over 1.5mm.
The outer ring is a hair under 6mm.

See pic to see what I’m describing, and hopefully I’ve done it right. As for the rest, this is the only documentation I could find on it as far as specs. I don’t know if it’s center or tip positive.

I will try to find mention of that…

2 Likes

I found another photo online, one that shows the supply. But I can’t zoom in enough to read the type… but perhaps someone on here might recognize it?

1 Like

Here is the originating link for that pic…

1 Like

Found someone who has the same instrument and the cable. Took a pic of the actual supply, and the pin.

2 Likes

Hi Matthew,

That’s definitely one of the rarer DC jacks, looks a bit like the ones on some older HP laptops to me but I don’t know the sizing off the top of my head. That power supply label does confirm that it’s definitely a 9V
1.2A DC supply with a positive centre tip.

1 Like

Hi Matthew,

Given you are in the US our advise might not be the most accurate but it might be worth heading to Micro center to see if they are able to size anything up.
It’s definitely also worth taking a look at Adafruits range of parts to see if they have anything (This one looks promising but as Liam mentioned I dont have one infront of me for testing so wont be able to confirm).

2 Likes

I attempted micro center. They didn’t have any with a 5.5 x 3.xx pin at all. I’ll check out the others!

3 Likes