Problem connecting through TPG router

Sorry if this question is on the fringe of this forum.
I have an Arduino UNO WiFi Rev2 that gathers data from a dust monitor and connects to an app running on a PC.
It works perfectly on mu Vodafone router at home but when I take it to the woodworking club, I can’t connect through the TPG router.
I have posted the query below to the TPG site. DOes anybody have any thoughts on what might be going wrong:

I am working on behalf or Waverley Woodworkers. We have recently had TPG NBN installed which includes the Archer VT1600v Router.
We have a dust monitor device to which an Arduino with WiFi is connected. There is an app running on the club PC which collects and stores the data gathered by the dust monitor.
This arrangement has been commissioned in my home office using my Vodafone modem and it works perfectly.
At the club, I can see both the PC and the Arduino when I view the Network Map.
I can see diagnostic output from the Arduino that shows it has successfully connected to WiFi.
I can see diagnostic output from the app running on the PC showing it has instantiated a server and offered a connection to a client using TCP/IP.
However, the attempt by the Arduino to connect as a TCP client never eventuates.
The connection is using port 8888. Do I need to do something to get the Archer config details to allow this connection.

1 Like

Is that a network map on the PC, or are you looking at the Wireless Clients listed in the VT1600 admininstrator?

FWIW I am running both Arduino and ESP8266 clients accessing the Archer VT1600 as the WiFi AP. Can you ping the Arduino from the PC? If you are running Windows then Netsh is the built-in utility for chasing network issues.

1 Like

Thanks Jeff.
I was describing what I could see from the Router admin interface.
I could ping the Arduino from the PC.
I have changed the design so I fix the IP address for the PC and use that instead of the PC name.
So from the router admin interface I have reserved 192.168.1.102 for use by Waverley01.
On the app running on Waverley01, I have made this IP a config value. (I used to derive the current IP at run time).
On the Arduino, I get config from an SD card. I now get SSID, Pwrd, Server IP and Port - Server IP replacing Server Name.
Works fine.

1 Like