Programming Audio FX Sound Board

Hi, I am relatively new to electronics and I am working on a project with an arduino and sound effects, ideally off of a sd/micro sd card and outputting into a 3.5mm headphone jack. The Adafruit sound board and the mini seem good for this job, however they advertise that they work standalone with little-no programming just by naming the files. I was wondering If and how I can control the sound board with an arduino (wiring) as well as the libraries i would use.

(The wave shield would be great except I am using an arduino mini, and I am quite limited for space, smaller = better)

1 Like

Hey Sam,
The Audio FX Board is great, you can use another microcontroller to send Serial Commands to it - Adafruit explain how (with Arduino Libraries etc) in their Guide - https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-audio-fx-sound-board/serial-audio-control

Thanks!
This was exactly what I was looking for, they only really talk about the GPIO in the product description but its good to know it has the UART mode as well. Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

Not a problem, what was the project idea you’ve got on the bake? I’m curious now :smiley:

I don’t want to say too much before I see if my idea has merit, but it is essentially a small portable synthesizer for composing and practicing music. I am confident that my layout and design for this synthesizer have not been done before and is a great way to optimize space.

1 Like