Project by Oscar; UNITRAC

I’ve just shared a new project: "UNITRAC"

The UNITRAC (UNIversal TRACtion system) is a simple 3D printable conversion for the Black Gladiator-Tracked chassis, It’s designed to transform the large wheelbase platform into a self-contained propulsion system that has all the torque you need (dual motors ya see!) and a small enough profile to fit through a gutter or drainpipe.
Basic assembly instructions can be found on the attached instructable and the rest is up to you! Put it wherever a track would normally go or string several together like sausages for an exploration bot. And considering its nearest competition costs thousands it’s the perfect choice.

Read more

7 Likes

Hi Oscar,

Sick project, I wouldnt have thought to take tracks from an already existing product. This is giving off the same vibe as Angus’ community made wheels project from Makers Muse.

I really wanna see that tank with 4 of these on it!

Liam.

7 Likes

Hey thanks!
Also that’d be sick!

4 Likes

Very clever project Oscar,

Out of curiosity, roughly what did you find was the maximum load you can drag with this robot? Wasn’t able to find it listed anywhere on the page for it.

3 Likes

Good heavens! To be honest with you I haven’t actually tested it, it will of course depend on the surface along with your controller/battery setup (my little 18650 2S pack probably couldn’t tow too much but with a 3s LiPo and a better Speedo then it would be capable of considerably more. But I’ll do some tests and let you know!

5 Likes

Hi Oscar,

No stress, was just curious if you had :sweat_smile: Please don’t burn out your motors or battery connections by overloading them for a stress test.

4 Likes

Lmao no
But I too am now interested

4 Likes

What a cool project! Loved reading through this one and the videos were great to watch the final product too.

2 Likes