Pycom - expansion board3 and WiPy3

Greetings all.
First time here and I hope someone can assist. I am starting to dabble with IOT and wireless sensors stuff and for starters, have been trying to get the Pycom - Expansion board 3 and Wipy 3 running. However, I have run into roadblocks.

1. I have been unable to install Pymakr under atom. I did read that this setup environment is kind of been phased out… After many failed attempts I moved to PyBytes which I believe is the preferred platform.

2. I followed the procedure under PyBytes and still could not get the device connected. The two components were recognised and I proceeded with the setup procedure. I did deploy the Wi-Fi stuff to the board but did notice that the word password was misspelt. It that a big deal? Once I completed the last step, the device did not connect so I don’t understand what I did wrong. Has anyone else run in this problem?

Cheers

1 Like

Hi Kosta,

Welcome to the forum!!

Just before we jump into things, which version of the expansion board did you have?
And what error were you having when installing Pymakr?

I think PyBytes is oriented towards industry/people that are getting into the Maker scene.

I’ve got a WiPy and expansion board 3.0 sitting in front of me know, trying to get it setup!

I’ll update this topic with my findings :smiley:
Liam

I havent had any luck yet but another user on the forum @Liam120347
Suggested a couple of fixes a while back on the topic: Which LoRa module for sending temperature data 1km "peer to peer"? - #5 by Liam120347

1 Like