Quad Alphanumeric Display - Red 0.54 Digits w/ I2C Backpack (ADA1911)

This is a placeholder topic for “Quad Alphanumeric Display - Red 0.54 Digits w/ I2C Backpack” comments.

Display, elegantly, 012345678 or 9! Gaze, hypnotized, at ABCDEFGHIJKLM - well it can display the whole alphabet. You get the point. This is a nice, bright alphanumeric…

Read more

If looking for a bezel for mounting this on a jiffy box, I created a 3d print design for one. I mounted it on the front of a UB3 jiffy box bought from core electronics. It’s designed for a 3mm thick piece of perspex (I used red transparent perspex) to sit over the display, so it looks very professional. To cut a hole in the jiffy box, I used masking tape to mark out the outline of the hole, then used a drill to drill as much of the inside area out as I could. I then finished it off with a hand file. If you get the hole size right, it should snap in easily but securely. I sent it to a local 3d printing company that charged me $5 to print it in PETG on a machine with a 0.1mm tolerance. The mounting holes are very, very close to the inside wall of the bezel, and consequently the print was deformed along that wall, I used a Stanley knife to slice off the excess material. The holes fit 6.35mm 2G screws.

I designed the bezel in onshape, it can be found here:

With STL file here:

1 Like

Some pictures of the Bezel:

3 Likes

How good @James273830 :smiley: Thanks for sharing, the result looks really nice, and going for an acrylic screen really enhances the visual appeal of these displays.

Appreciate your work!

2 Likes