Raspberry Pi 4 and DSI display problems

I recently bought a Raspberry Pi 4 and the 5 800x480 TFT Raspberry Pi DSI Touchscreen. I was having problems with the display as shown by the video. I instructed the raspberry pi to use DSI instead of HDMI. I realised that the screen wasn’t compatible and decided to get a refund. To do so, Brett from core electronics told me to post about my problem here for tech support to look at before I was able to get a refund. The video isn’t uploading but the display would flicker for 20 seconds then stop in what looked like static. My order was order number 100153896.

Hi Finnian,

I’m sorry to hear about the problem you are having if you want to try and work out what is causing the flicker we can help walk you through to debugging steps. Can you confirm that this is the display you have? Are you powering this Pi with the Official Rpi4 supply? Have you tried it on an older Pi to confirm the incompatibility?

If you would like to start the return process you will need to send through an email to support@coreelectronics.com.au and the team should be able to help you out.

Hi Clinton,

That is the display I have and I am using the official power supply. I haven’t tried it with an older Pi as I don’t own one. You can’t actually see anything on the screen apart from the kind of static. I tried debugging it with my teacher at school as well. This is a picture of what the screen looks like.

I was actually told to post here by a core electronics member. I’ll try sending them an email now. Thanks for the help.

Interesting! I haven’t heard of any DSI compatiblity issues between the 3B+ and 4. I’ve shot you an email so we can get hold of this to take a look.