RGB Led Module I2C Address Specs Arduino

I wish to access the Piicodev RGB Module using the Arduino platform, but I cannot find any specifications on the Core Electronics site for I2C configuration, such as the Address and Data definitions. Can anyone (and in particular Core Electronics developers) help me?

Thanks,
Bryce

Hi Bryce,

This can be found in the micropython library github page, specifically the folder with firmware in it. Take a look:

Happy hacking :slight_smile:
-James

2 Likes

Hi Bryce,

James’ link is the one you want, but just to make sure you know: PiicoDev is a 3.3V system only, some chips may tolerate 5V power and/or logic, but you’d best use your Arduino’s 3.3V supply and a logic level converter:

All the best with your project!
-James

2 Likes

Both James, thank you for your replies. The hardware is not the issue. I am using a Raspberry Pico with the community port of Arduino. I have tested the I2C with other PiicoDev devices, and all is well. I am just struggling to configure the RGBx3 module. The information is probably there in the firmware code referred to, but it would be easier if there was a specification sheet that described the programming of the RGBx3, as a slave device over the I2C bus. If there was an Arduino library for it, my problem would be solved, but I believe it is Core Electronics original, and only a Micropython library is available, as far as I am aware.

Cheers, Bryce

3 Likes

Hi Bryce,

Glad to hear you’re getting your hands dirty with C++, I hope you understand where we’re coming from in making everything MicroPython, and wrapping everything up with libraries. I’ll pass the feedback to the design people that this may be an area for more documentation for future “smart” modules.

-James

3 Likes