SMS using SIM7000E module

Hi, I just received my SIM7000E ( SKU: CE07312) module.
I am trying to get it to send an SMS via the microUSB interface but it is failing with an Error 500 status
I am trying with my 2 active and working SIMs (Optus and Aldi, both work on my iPhone)
The LED is showing a blink of 1 every second, i have left it for at least 5mins and it is no change
Can you please help…
I eventually like to use the pins to interface to my USB CP2102 TTL adapter once the SMS works… I hope this isn’t a problem…
Thank you
Song

2 Likes

Hi Song, Welcome to the Forum!

Could you please post some images on how you’ve got your module hooked up, and the code that you’re running? Also some screenshots of your errors would be most helpful in getting to the bottom of this.

Keen to get to the bottom of this!
-James

1 Like

AT
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CMGS="+61493222563”

Test SMS from Song’s SIM to Aldi Sim
press Ctrl + Z
the above commands works on my SIM5320E using the microUSB interface

Currently the Sim7000E module is just connected via a microsUSB cable to my Windows 10 laptop (drivers all correctly installed)

2 Likes

I am using Realterm via COM7 set at 19200,7,n,1

2 Likes

the command paste didn’t look proper, here is a picture of it

2 Likes

Hey Song,

I’ll have a look at your info now, but keep in mind that you can use 3 backticks (above the tab key) to denote code and stop auto-formatting.

it will look like this

You can also edit your first post instead of posting stuff you forgot to add the first time

Hope we can get to the bottom of this!
-James

1 Like

oh ok thanks for that note

1 Like

Hi James I have done some searching and this topic has been discussed before.
Here is an excellent post from Oliver33

Followed and manage to get the sim to register onto the mobile network, however, i cannot send an sms
it is coming back with a CMS error 500 for some reason
Mobile signals are excellent where i live

2 Likes

Hey Song,

Have a read of this thread (and the links found in it):

Seems 500 is a mostly generic error that can point to a few things. Check the info in the thread and report back to us if it doesn’t work out.
-James

1 Like