SparkFun MicroMod nRF52840 Processor (WRL-16984)

This is a placeholder topic for “SparkFun MicroMod nRF52840 Processor” comments.

Featuring the nRF52840 SoC from Nordic Semiconductor, the SparkFun MicroMod nRF52840 Processor offers a powerful combination of ARM Cortex-M4 CPU and 2.4 GHz Bluetooth … read more

Read more

Hi,

How do you fix this product if it is wrecked?

1 Like

Hi Nguyen,

Could you elaborate a bit on what damage your module has? Did you purchase it from Core?

Keen to get to the bottom of this one!
-James

1 Like

Hi James,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes the nRF52840 is from core electronics.
I have run a 5V supply into the same terminal strip as the 3.3V pin from the MicroMod. I realised it a few seconds later. The MicroMod does not seem to connect to my computer anymore after that.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you in advance,

1 Like

Hi Nguyen,

Unfortunately it looks like the 3v3 pin is an output, so I’d say this one has had it.
As an alternative I’d check out this breakout: Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 USB Dongle | Core Electronics Australia

1 Like

Hi Liam,
I guessed so. Thank you.
Another problem, I have with the other MicroMod nRF52840 processor (same type since I’ve gotten 2) is when I upload the code with wrong selection board (instead of ‘Sparkfun MicroMod…’ I selected ‘Arduino Nano…’), it stopped connecting to my computer. It seems to want to connect initially but disconnect afterward. Any suggestion?

2 Likes

Hi Nguyen,

Can you see it popping up in the COM ports when you plug it in?
I havent used that board myself so cant advise but its a good place to start

1 Like