Teensy 4.0 Sequencer/Synth in Bespoke Radio Shack Mixer Box

I used a Teensy that I bought from Core and the Glowbits (Which are very cool).
The synth is made using the Teensy design tool at Audio System Design Tool for Teensy Audio Library
It uses the teensy 4.0 microcontroller and audio board with some knobs and switches to control aspects of the sequence.
I used an old Audio Shack mixer as the box for this project, I like the bespoke nature of it. The knobs are old bakelite knobs my dad had kept in case they might be useful.
Youtube Video of Synth

2 Likes

Mate that’s sick! What a really neat bit of kit :slight_smile:

Got any more details on how it went together?

1 Like

Thanks Oliver. It’s pretty much spaghetti junction underneath, I consider it a prototype. If you go to PJRC.com and search for their audio board and Teensy 4.0 you can find out about how to connect things. Any spare pins I connected to switches or pots!. The code is a combination of the PJRC design tool and some programming by me.
IMG_1102|375x500

1 Like

This is a really fun project @John136772! It’s got a great vintage aesthetic :slight_smile: And I’m stoked to see the rainbow as a sequencer display.

If you feel inspired to share more details about your sequencer so that others can build their own, head over to projects.

Can’t wait to see what you make next :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks Michael. Glad you liked it. I am inspired to share about this build but I don’t think I have the time to spend on the detailed write up others have done.

2 Likes

No worries John,

There’s a store credit reward if the write-up ends up going onto the site, but I completely understand if you don’t have the time to put it all together. Hope you enjoyed the project, it looks great!

2 Likes