Bespoke Launchpad/Teensy Controller for 4 synthesisers - Showcase of Functions - No Talking!

I added two more MIDI outputs to the Teensy so 4 independent synths can be controlled.

Features:

• 4 independent outputs.

• 4 independent sequences with 4 independent 8 note bars. Mix and match.

• Notes can be entered on the fly and changed as played.

• Accent and Slide available for 303 synths

• Probability per note per sequence

• Independent gate length per note (same for all synths)

• Two main screens - Note entry/play and Control mode

• Mute/Solo Synth

• Octave shift per synth

• Reverse bar/Pattern play per synth

• Random note play per synth

• Transpose root note

• Change between 8 different scales

• Help on OLED screen

• Stutter for one synth (not shown on this video)

• Notes can be muted or skipped (for polyrhythms). (not shown on this video) Re-trigger to realign bar.

6 Likes

Yeah! Another music project from John :clap: What a feat of programming and a great demo! Are you planning to make the project open source?

I’ve really enjoyed the projects you’ve been sharing on the forums - especially the generative onces. So delightful and creative.

6 Likes

Thanks! It seems to work well, but needs some tweaking. I probably will make it open source but it needs some cleaning up before I do so. In the mean time the “Naughts and Crosses” version has been submitted as a project so people will be able to see how that works…

6 Likes

Jam - Bespoke Launchpad/Teensy Sequencer with 3 Volcas (Bass, Keys, FM) and NTS 1

Upgrade to the Teensy controlled Launchpad sequencer on my my previous video. In this new version it has for each synth:

• New screens to show current active step range.

• Start and stop anywhere in the 64 steps. (Individual notes can still be skipped)

• Save/load current notes to Teensy EEPROM.

• Copy Paste from any steps to any steps

• 1, ½, ÂĽ, and â…› tempo.

• OLED screen shows notes active and play head for each synth

Probably something else I’ve forgotten. Speaking of forgetting, I intended to set one synth to loop 64 notes and another to play 63 of the same pattern and forgot to set this. Next jam I will…

1 Like

RD-6 enhancements via MIDI with ratchet, probability and variable pattern lengths per sound - Controlled by Teensy/Launchpad with Volcas.

I like the sounds of the RD-6 drum machine but it’s missing some controls that I like. So,

I have made some more enhancements to my Teensy/Launchpad controller with drums in mind:

Drums:

(Designed to work with RD-6 MIDI input numbers)

• Individual Beat Ratchett

• Individual Beat Probability

• Beat lengths: 4 seperate bars of 16 beats, Can be shorter or longer for each drum sound

• Saves Drum beats to Teensy EEProm

• Different Colours for each Drum/Cymbal

• Different intensities of LEDs depending on active Drum/Cymbal

• Drums are sent on the same DIN as synth 1. The orange one.

Synths are not forgotten…

Synths:

• Chord Mode. Triads chosen automatically to fit current key for each synth per step
2 Likes