Vibration bit, sensor and 'trinket' advice needed for artwork

I am looking for some advice on how to use vibration bits and ‘trinkets’ to make smooth plastic cylinders of plastic vibrate. I am an artist and would like the tubes of plastic to move when people are in the gallery space. The tubes of plastic are flexible - but very large. But I only want them to move a little - just to kind of wobble.

I am not tech savy - but have access to some techs that can help me.
I have 3 large plastic tubes (each 1 metre wide) and varying in lenght - pssibly 70cm - 120cm long.
Can you help advice what electronics parts I will i need for my project? It would be great if they were super discrete so that they weren’t immediately ovious in the gallery.

Hi Korin,

There’s a lot left to the imagination with the size/weight of the cylinders, how they are mounted, and if they are secured or loose hanging. Motion is involved, so it’s safe to say a motor of some sort of motor would be used.

I’m going to have a guess that the plastic poles are hanging. Loose on the bottom. In which case, an idea that comes to mind is to suspend them from the top by points (120º apart), making one of those points parallel to the walkway.

Interfering with that parallel suspension will influence the rod to swing left-to-right if looked at front-on. That interference could be automated with a motor. They would soon come to rest in their initial position as three suspension points don’t tend to swing with gravity, if compared to a system with one or two hanging points.

If each motor were individually addressable, a meaningful pattern could be created.