Waveshare 2.8inch LCD 320×240 (CE06725)

This is a placeholder topic for “Waveshare 2.8inch LCD 320×240” comments.

The perfect display for a miniature and portable Raspberry Pi setup, take this with you anywhere!

Read more

Hi there, I recently bought a waveshare lcd screen for a raspberry pi project I’m doing. unfortunately i think the screen is faulty. Is there anyway to get a new one and return? thank you.

Hi Alex, welcome to the forum!

Before we reach for an RMA, could you share the following?:

• A photo of how you have everything hooked up
  • What code are you using to write to the display? Have you followed any setup guides?
  • What OS are you running?

Keen to get to the bottom of this one with you :slight_smile:

Hey James!

Here are the photos! I’m trying to build a popular raspberry pi build, Simpsons tv. I have a raspberry pi zero attached. I was running raspberry pi buster lite. But when I attached the pi to run the os nothing would show on the screen. The pi was running but couldn’t get the screen to work.

Thanks James, appreciate your help!

1 Like

Hi Alex,

Just checking, the Pi will be trying to output on HDMI by default unless told how to talk to that LCD, have you installed the driver from here? GitHub - waveshare/LCD-show

1 Like

Hey James,

I did download a driver for the screen from the build tutorial, it wasn’t the exact link you sent me, it was this one. https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/File:28DPIB_DTBO.zip
Do you think that this could be the issue?

1 Like

Hey Alex,

Its possible that the driver versions caused some sort of issue, try with the link that James has sent through there and if it doesn’t work, let us know so that we can get it sorted.

Cheers,
Blayden

1 Like